Skip hire and waste management companies were identified as being a key sector and allowed to operate in line with strict government, World Health Authority and Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) guidelines.
The UK’s waste disposal industry is seen as a ‘critical’ sector in ensuring that all supply chains keep running.
In line with this guidance and advice, we are continuing to operate, adhering to strict distancing, sanitation and new working processes.
Our team is still working hard to process commercial and domestic waste undertaking the below enhanced safety standards:
- Our drivers will deliver and collect skips without direct contact.
- Drivers will wear gloves when delivering and collecting skips and use hand sanitiser.
- All payments for skips must be taken in advance over the phone to ensure minimal physical interaction.
- All orders are currently paperless, we will email paperwork to customers.
- Our drivers will no longer take signatures for any paperwork.
- Within the yard we are maintaining strict social distancing and hand washing recommendations and the office is restricted to office staff only.
- Visiting drivers are not brought into direct contact with employees
3 Key Points For Customers Using Skip Hire & Waste Management Services During The COVID19 Pandemic
Skip hire is an essential service and still able to operate under government law.
Hiring a skip for either commercial or domestic jobs is legal.
We are working to the highest of safety standards to keep everyone safe.
Is Now A Good Time To Hire A Skip?
As many people are either working from home or furloughed it is a great time to hire a skip.
With most people having more time on their hands and having minimal places to visit, we’re all spending more time at home.
It is now the perfect time to tackle those projects that have been put on the back burner, such as clearing out the garage or home renovations.
As the weather has improved recently, now is a great time to get out and about in the garden and get it ready for summer.
We are all going to be spending a lot more time in our gardens this year, so getting it looking amazing could be something to focus on – good for both physical and mental health.
How Has COVID19 Impacted Skip Hire?
People are only supposed to leave their homes for a limited period and for an extremely limited number of reasons which has meant that all tips have closed to limit social exposure.
However, people and businesses still accumulate rubbish and need to dispose of their waste.
This is one of the main reasons that skip hire companies can operate at this present time with the addition of previously mentioned enhanced safety measures.
If you’re still in any doubt or have any questions, then please contact us on 01623 627447 and we’ll do our best to help